... no, it's not a birthday party. It's not a holiday party or a special occasion party or anything like that. It's a "let's just have a good time for the sake of having a good time" party. It's a "come one, come all, the more the merrier" kind of party. It's a "let's stuff our faces" party.
It's a cupcake tasting party.
I've been wanting to host a cupcake tasting party for a VERY long time but I just never got around to organizing it. Well, the time has finally come and the date is set for late February. I plan on baking at least 5 different kinds of cupcakes from scratch, having little voting cards where my guests can vote for their favorite and cute little take-out boxes to send them off with a cupcake or two to enjoy later. This afternoon, I did a some online shopping and purchased these goodies for my party from The Cupcake Social store on Etsy -

Zebra-print cupcake liners

Red paper straws

Black damask cupcake liners
Choosing cute liners to bake my cupcakes in was easy. Actually choosing the recipes I'll be baking isn't quite as simple. Root beer cupcakes and red velvet cupcakes are a must. Chocolate and vanilla are always popular choices, but they're kind of boring. Lemon cupcakes could be cute. Peppermint? Peanut butter? Coconut? Cherry, cookies 'n cream, lime, fudge, caramel, Irish cream? I've got a headache just thinking about it. Thank goodness I've got a month to narrow it down!
What kind of themed party would you like to host someday?
xo
Peanut butter all the way!! yummm
ReplyDeleteOh what a fun party! Wish I were close enough to taste them all myself. My favorite is chocolate - there are, of course, a lot of variations on chocolate, so don't dismiss it! :>) Love the cupcake liners, they will be a fun addition to the party.
ReplyDeletethose straws are so money! Have fun, doll!
ReplyDeleteOoh that sounds lovely!! I want to come :)
ReplyDeleteLove the liners!
What a great idea, I sure wished I lived near you!!! haha Those cupcake liners are just fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I want to come to your party!! That sounds so tasty and what a fabulous idea!! I'm not a chocolate cake person (like other chocolate desserts just not cake), coconut and lime...mmm yum yum!
ReplyDeleteStephanie Joanna - thought of you today when I saw a post about a cupcake tasting get-together and thought you might enjoy seeing it.
ReplyDeletehttp://lisacohen.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/01/cupcake-tasting.html
oh i love the very bottom ones! i'm totally going to add them to my want list (post) for this month!!
ReplyDelete