I stumbled across this fun challenged on Eva's blog, Lovers in a Dangerous Time. Basically the idea is to get to know your friends in blog-land a little bit better. Everyday, for 30 days, there are simple prompts that will get you writing about topics you might not usually cover in a typical blog post - things like habits you wish you didn't have, bucket lists, cravings, your day job, etc. It sounds like fun, so I'm joining in!
For day #1, the assignment is to post a recent photo of yourself and reveal 15 random facts. Easy peasy, right? Here is a recent photo of me (snapped about a month ago ... wait, is that recent?)... It was taken by the crazy talented Chelsea from CBR Photography.

And here are 15 random facts about me ...
1. I absolutely LOVE living in Vancouver and don't see myself moving anywhere anytime soon but, if I were to pack my bags and go, I'd probably move to London. Or Paris. Or Geneva. I would love to live in Europe someday, at least for a year or two.
2. Speaking of Europe, in university I applied to go on a student exchange to Geneva but pulled out at the last minute. Bottom line? I was a big chicken terrified of leaving my parents. That decision remains one of the biggest regrets of my life thus far.
3. I begin every day with a warm beverage - coffee, tea or hot chocolate, depending on my mood.
4. I am a history buff. I love reading historical novels, watching PBS documentaries, soaking up the facts. I even minored in history in university. In spite of all this, I'm absolutely terrible at remembering the dates of major historical events! I can remember the order that things happened and precise details of what took place, but the exact date? Forget it.
5. I can't wait to get married! :)
6. I can't wait to get pregnant! :)
7. My hair has been blonde, dark brown (almost black), red and every shade in between. Being a redhead was my absolute favorite. I'll be going red again one of these days.
8. I collect chandelier earrings (they're my favorite fashion accessory) and I refuse to wear necklaces because I think they make my neck look fat.
9. I cry every single time I watch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.
10. I don't watch much TV these days but when I do plop down on the couch for some down time, I usually watch the Food Network or The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Don't judge me.
11. My favorite kinds of food are Italian and Thai.
12. My dream vacation is to go to the Santorini Islands in Greece.
13. I am known as the "cupcake queen" amongst my friends and can bake several kinds of yummy cupcakes. I have not, however, been able to conquer the art of icing and almost always end up using store-bought icing.
14. I'm the kind of person who washes her dishes immediately following a meal and can't fall asleep at night if there are still dirty dishes in the sink.
15. I waste way too much time on Facebook. What can I say?! It's the perfect place to procrastinate! :)
If you want to play along, just take a look at the daily prompts (Eva posted them all on her blog) and write your little heart out!
xox
A beautiful picture. Vancouver really agrees with you. Boy how things have changed. I just loved reading more about you and I will check out Eva's post and hopefully I will be able to join in. :D
ReplyDeleteyaay, thanks so much for linking up!!
ReplyDeletesuch a cute photo :)
i LOVE Vancouver, i'm so glad you're enjoying it.
i also love your #5 and #6, haha :D
looking forward to going through these blog posts with u!
Wow, we have a lot in common! :)
ReplyDeleteThere is so much win in your 15 things! First off I love your photo, I need a photo shoot! Samesies about the hair, I've had like every color, I don't even know what my natural color is anymore! And duuude, I have been getting the baby fever so bad! My husband and I agreed we'd wait until at least a year until with started to try, but I want to now! Thanks for the comment :)
ReplyDeleteLove it!! So fun! Eva got my hooked on the 30 day challenge as well.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
xoxo
Mallory