Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oscar fashion

I know I'm a little late with this, but I wanted to post my favorite "looks" from the 2011 Oscars last week. I watched the entire show for the first time ever with my friend Marcy and it was a blast. We munched on snacks, attempted to predict winners and giggled at some of the more outrageous speeches (the infamous F-bomb dropped by Melissa Leo was priceless!). My favorite part, though, were all the pretty dresses. I'm a big sucker for ball gowns and evening wear. I would wear my prom dress to work every single day if I could. Here are my top picks from last night -

Reese Witherspoon wearing Giorgio Armani Prive ~
(I especially liked her hair ... this photo doesn't do it justice, but it was very 50's glam)

Hailee Steinfeld wearing Marchesa. ~
(Can you believe she's only 14?! What a stylish kiddo.)

And my pick for best-dressed has to go to the amazing Natalie Portman who wore a beautiful maroon gown by Rodarte ~

I think she looks like a Moroccan princess! And how cute was her acceptance speech where she thanked her fiance for "giving me the best role of my life?" Adorable. (She's very pregnant, in case you couldn't tell so the best role of her life will be being a Mommy, of course.)

I'm not gonna do the whole "worst dressed" thing because that's just mean. But I will say this - when I go to the Oscars, I'm gonna wear a big sparkly purple gown. Or maybe a pink one. Or a gray one. Or maybe I'll just buy several and do little wardrobe changes in the bathroom during :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment