Saturday, July 25, 2009

live a life less ordinary

Have any of you heard of 43 Things? It's this website where people can make a virtual, interactive list of things they want to accomplish in life. I find it so interesting to see what other people are hoping to accomplish ... interesting and inspiring, too! Anyways, I thought I'd share a few of the things that are on my list. In no particular order, I want to ~
  • Go to Las Vegas
  • Have a chandelier in my kitchen (this is a Louisiana thing. If you have no connection to Louisiana, I don't expect you to understand the need for bling in a kitchen, lol)
  • Memorize a poem
  • Go for a walk through Central Park at Christmas time
  • Spend time as a missionary in a foreign country
  • Work to abolish slavery and human trafficking
  • See a performance by the New York City Opera
  • Go to the Santorini Islands, Greece
  • Have a meaningful conversation with a perfect stranger, no strings attached
  • Spend a day on a farm and milk a cow
  • Get married and have a family
  • Dance all night with the locals in San Sebastian del Oeste, Mexico
  • Go on a cruise of Alaska and see the glaciers
  • Spend an evening sitting on somebody's front porch somewhere in the south, listening to a Sam Cooke or Otis Redding album on repeat.
  • Have a wardrobe full of sweet, feminine sundresses
  • Learn what it means to truly love unconditionally
So that's my list .. not the most exciting list of things in the world, but they are things that matter to me.

Have a happy weekend! xox

3 comments:

  1. that's a wonderful list. i wouldn't even know where to start in making my own, but I loved yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a ton of fun! i think i'll head over there and check it out!

    thanks for sharing!

    hope you are well.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have one too. Haven't been near it for a year though.ooooo I sense an update approaching <3

    xoxo

    PS I have meaningful conversations with strangers all the time, it's great!

    ReplyDelete